"Radiance we are and power, We reach into the light and bring it down to meet the need. We reach into the silent place and bring from thence the gift of understanding. Thus with the light we work and turn the darkness into day." - Alice Bailey
A Full Moon that occurs between August 24 and September 22 will be in Pisces. This moon is useful for magic pertaining to:
- Expansion of Consciousness
- Understanding and exploring dreams
- Escapism "getting away from it all"
- Healing the feet
- Focusing on balancing bodily fluids.
The full moon in Pisces on September 6th is a powerful spiritual psychic moon and a great opportunity for divination work: reading tarot/ interpreting astrology. However, Pisces is an inner energy, so focusing on solitary rituals would be appropriate, or a small, closely knit group of good friends, rather than a large gathering. During this moon's transit there is an awareness and appreciation of beauty and art, as well as strong, heightened creativity.
Intuition is at it's peak in this sign and realization of life's lesson's or truths sometimes are unveiled. It's easy to swim around lose yourself in emotions now, or to escape in books, or other entertainment of a fantastic nature. As the moon starts to float towards Aries, the mood lifts and becomes more cheerful and outward.
RITUAL: Moon Gazing Divination
You will need:
- 15-30 minutes of uninterrupted time
- a journal
- Clear sight of the moon
If the night sky is clear enough to see the glow of the Full Moon take a moment to relax your mind and body. This practice can be done in or outdoors (if the weather permits it).
- Once you are in a comfortable position (standing or seated), begin a rhythmic breathing sequence by inhaling deeply through the nose, holding the breath for three seconds and slowly exhaling from the mouth. As you inhale, visualize cleansing golden/white light vibrations entering your body through your nose, and traveling down your trachea and filling your lungs, chest cavity and heart center with warm, glowing sensations.
- As you exhale, visualize discordant vibrations, tension, confusion, and stress leaving your body through your mouth in dark, cloudy swirls of energy. Bless yourself, and your discordant vibrations in the name of Spirit or any deity you deem fitting when you seek comfort, protection, and solace. Cast these discordant vibrations unto the ether to find peaceful resolution.
- Gaze up at the moon and soften your focus relax your eyes and body.
- Think of the question you're seeking answers to (limit to 1 at a time) the intention is to hold that question in your mind.
- Continue gazing at the full moon and allow the answers/ inspiration to come to you. this can be an image, word, symbol.
If you'd like to enhance this ritual, you might like to try *Scrying with the moon by incorporating a clear glass (not plastic), or silver bowl so that it captures the light of the full moon. You will then surround the bowl with four white candles that will create a magic circle. soften your gaze into the water and pay close attention to both the flames and the water. This is an intermediate- advanced practice. However, *Scrying also comes very naturally for some people. Each of our abilities will vary. Some people might see with their eyes, or "second sight" while others may see nothing, and hear or feel the answers to their question. Trust your inner sense and guidance in deciphering the visions presented to you during this practice. Yes, a practice. You will not always have success the first time. The benefit to this method is that the water in the dish used for divination will also be charged by the Full Moon to be bottled and used for spells, rituals, and products at a later time.
*Scrying can be an auto-deepening trance process that progresses in stages using tools such as a crystal ball, water, mirrors or other reflective mediums. Initially, the medium serves as a focus for the attention, removing unwanted thoughts from the mind in the same way as a mantra. Once this is achieved, the scryer begins a free association with the perceived images suggested, for instance in a crystal ball, by the tiny inclusions, web-like faults and/or the cloudy glow within the ball under low light (i.e. candlelight).
"The technique of deliberately looking for and declaring these initial images aloud, however trivial or irrelevant they may seem to the conscious mind, is done with the intent of deepening the trance state, wherein the scryer hears their own disassociated voice affirming what is seen within the concentrated state in a kind of feedback loop. This process culminates in the achievement of a final and desired end stage in which visual images and dramatic stories seem to be projected within the mind's eye of the scryer, like an inner movie. This overall process reputedly allows the scryer to "see" relevant events or images within the chosen medium." - Oracles of Divination
You may utilize the same closing procedure as our Crystal Focused meditation guide When you feel ready to return to the reality of your meditation room or outdoor area, simply count backwards from ten to one. At the count of one, open your eyes and breathe deeply several times.
Remain seated or standing, and allow yourself the time required to reintegrate into the third dimension of reality. Enjoy the moments and the vibrations that fill you as you reflect upon your meditation experience. This is an excellent time to begin writing down what images, symbols, or information was shared to you during your experience.